Labels

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving! Elevator assembly continues...

2 hrs.  Continued installing and riveting the ribs #2 and #3.  Unfortunately I mixed up the location of the Left and Right sides since I was building this upside down (to allow for the elevator control horn to face up).  Had to drill out about 12 of the larger alum. rivets...move the ribs to the opposite side, and re-rivet.


Moving on to the outer Ribs, now it gets a little more fun.  Had to cleco and then updrill the counterweight to allow for the extra large 4.8mm rivet to fit.  These are rivets on and I'm going to only do one side at a time for the outer rib, and skin since my work table is only 6' long.  I'm finding the counterweight is torquing the last rib and entire elevator structure if it's not supported.


No comments:

Post a Comment